In this webinar, you will be guided through the necessary steps involved in an injured person’s discharge from hospital following a motor vehicle accident trauma. Effective discharge planning and transitional planning is a vital, complex and essential process. From the administration of insurance forms to the supply of safety devices to the home setting, join us to gain insight and knowledge that will allow you to address these complexities.
This webinar will be highly informative to lawyers, occupational therapists, rehab industry professionals, and to injured persons and their loved ones.
The webinar will cover the role of the lawyer and occupational therapist in the hospital discharge process, including:
- The treatment plan for discharge
- The facilitation of referrals to rehabilitation facilities from acute care
- The completion of home safety assessments
- Communication with hospital staff, adjuster & vendors
- Transportation to home and for community appointments
- Completion of the Assessment of Attendant Care Needs (Form 1) and securing personal support worker or nursing services prior to discharge
- Completion of Insurance Forms
- Instruction to injured persons and their loved ones regarding the insurance claim process
Galit Liffshiz, GLA Rehab Inc., MA OT Reg. (Ont.)